Apply now for a chance at being selected as a showcasing performing artist at the 24th annual Deep Ellum Arts Festival, April 6th - 8th 2018
150 bands, singer/songwriters and artists will perform their original compositions from four separate outdoor Entertainment Stages and three additional Performance Areas. Keeping pace with the newest sounds in the music industry and reflecting Deep Ellum’s ever-evolving North Texas music scene, all stages will be rocking simultaneously with an eclectic mix of original sound “genre-breaking” bands.
Take a moment to glance through our FAQ’s below to quickly find answers to commonly asked questions.
Performance Applications are open to:
● All genres of music
● Solo acts or full bands
● Spoken word poets
● Original plays
● Artists from all over the world
Selected artists are guaranteed one performance slot:
● Performance slots run an average of 60 minutes, but can vary
● All original music/material only - no cover songs allowed
● Slots will be scheduled over the 3 day festival weekend, April 6th and 7th between 11am and 11pm, and April 8th between 11am and 8pm
● Stage, time and date assignments are subject to change, so flexibility is a must
● Full Backline, lighting and sound engineering is provided for our three main stages
● Full PA, lighting and sound engineering is provided on side stages
Please note: the person listed as Primary Contact in your application should be someone who is authorized to respond on behalf of the act applying, and who frequently checks their email. Notifications sent to the Primary Contact email address will require timely response.
You must read and agree to the Performance Agreement and Terms in order to be considered for a promotional performance.
If you ARE a paid member of Sonicbids and would like to apply under your Sonicbids membership, please click here.
If you’re NOT a member of Sonicbids and would like to apply to the Festival directly and provide links to your information please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to apply to Play DEAF:
● Read our terms & conditions
● Check your email regularly for notifications from us, as you will need to respond quickly to solidify your slot.