Event Volunteer Information
The 24rd annual Deep Ellum Arts Festival runs from April 6-8, 2018, 11AM-9PM Friday and Saturday, and 11AM-8PM Sunday. We are open to event volunteer applications for next year's event, and are seeking volunteer workers in the following categories:
- Volunteer Coordinator - Responsible for volunteer personnel check-in, assignments and training. Must be able to work all shifts of the festival.
- Sector Captains - Oversee and manage all aspects of assigned sector, report problems to command center and handle if appropriate. Provide information to participants and attendees. Communicates with Event Management and security officers as required.
- Perimeter Management - Maintain perimeter security around festival site, especially in and around concert stages and festival intersections. Communicate with Event Management and security officers as required.
- Information at Festival Office - Monitor radio and phone traffic, relay communications, monitor and report on weather conditions, handle lost and found, lost children, manage communications equipment.
- Stage Crew - Help backstage and on-stage with setting up and tearing down of performing artist equipment and other miscellaneous backstage needs.
- Artist Coordinators - Registration of artists, monitoring and managing of artist’s area, and booth sitting for artists during breaks.
- MEI Operations Staff - Management position assisting in all areas of festival production; can get very physical moving equipment. Must be available all weekend at all hours of the festival.
- MEI Office Staff - Administrative position assisting part-time the week before the festival and full-time during the festival. Responsibilities include answering phones, sending faxes, data entry, running errands, etc.
If you would like to be considered for an event volunteer position please complete the online application.